Home Facebook Subscribe
Term Life Whole Life Variable Life
 

 It seems Christmas comes earlier and earlier each year, with decorations showing up in stores before fall even arrives!  We agree that joining in the spirit and magic of the holiday season is quite contagious and hard to resist.  The essential thing to remember is to keep your decorations safe and in good working order. 

If your house is like mine, your holiday display is a blend of sentimental ornaments and much-loved mementos, alongside the most recent in Christmas décor.  When it comes to lighting your best bet is to invest in the newest equipment.  Extension cords, power strips and lights should all be fairly new for both your indoor and outdoor exhibit.  LED’s are popular, although a little pricey.  However, they last almost ten times as long as regular Christmas lights – up to 4,000 hours and they also use 80% less power.  Putting your sparkling lights on a timer is not only going to save you even more money, but it acts as a theft deterrent as well.

Artificial is preferred when it comes to your Christmas tree, but if you do choose a live tree be sure to keep it watered and away from any heat sources or open flames.  With battery operated votives and essential oil diffusers on the market these days there is no longer a need for real candles, but it’s understandable if that is still your preference.  Remember to always keep your wicks trimmed and use candles in jars.  With three generations of firemen in our family we have seen firsthand the destruction an unattended flame can cause to an entire home. 

The firemen in my family also constantly educate about fireplaces and space heaters during the cold winter months as well.  With heating equipment being the second leading cause of home fires it’s important to be mindful.  Be sure to clean out your chimney before starting up your first fire of the season and never burn anything besides logs, such as wrapping paper or ribbon.  Space heaters should always be plugged directly into the wall, do not use extension cords which can overheat.  A three-foot clearance should always be given between space heaters and anything burnable, such as furniture, paper or clothing. 

Keeping your holiday collection in excellent shape will allow you to make wonderful memories and create timeless keepsakes for you to pass down from generation to generation. From our family to yours we wish you a bright, happy and safe holiday season!

Posted 6:28 PM

Share |


No Comments


Post a Comment
Name
Required
E-Mail
Required (Not Displayed)
Comment
Required


All comments are moderated and stripped of HTML.
Submission Validation
Required
CAPTCHA
Change the CAPTCHA codeSpeak the CAPTCHA code
 
Enter the Validation Code from above.
NOTICE: This blog and website are made available by the publisher for educational and informational purposes only. It is not be used as a substitute for competent insurance, legal, or tax advice from a licensed professional in your state. By using this blog site you understand that there is no broker client relationship between you and the blog and website publisher.
Blog Archive


View Mobile Version
BLOG
  • Carrier
  • Carrier
  • Carrier
  • Carrier
  • Carrier
Subscribe

Powered by Insurance Website Builder

Auto Home Business Life Renters Email Us Call Us Locations